- Use an empty paper towel roll to store knives safely
- Check if eggs are fresh with a glass of water
- If the egg sinks, it’s fresh
- If the egg floats, it’s not fresh. An older egg starts to dehydrate, so the air bubble inside is bigger making it float.
- Place a wet paper towel under a cutting board to keep it from slipping
- Clean a cutting board with fresh lemon to remove strong odors like garlic or onion
- Store herbs and asparagus in a glass of water in the fridge to extend the shelf life