The DEA cannot accept needles or sharps.
(KTIV) – Across the country and in Siouxland this weekend, law enforcement and residents will be doing their part to getting rid of unwanted prescription drugs.
Saturday, April 27 will be the 17th National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day. The biannual event will take place from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
In Sioux City, officers will be at the following locations:
- Hy-Vee, 2611 Pierce St.
- Hy-Vee, 2827 Hamilton Blvd.
- Hy-Vee, 3301 Gordon Dr.
- Hy-Vee, 4500 Sergeant Rd.
- Walmart, 3101 Floyd Blvd.
- Walgreens, 101 Pierce St.
- Fareway, 4040 War Eagle Dr.
- Drilling Pharmacy, 4010 Morningside Ave.
- Sergeant Bluff Pharmacy, 105 Gaul Dr. Suite
To find your nearest location, click here.
The Sioux City Police Department says this free and anonymous program helps prevent pill abuse and even theft.