LINCOLN, Nebraska (SUBMITTED) – Nebraska officials say all state and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Disaster Recovery Centers will close this Friday.
While the centers will close, officials say those impacted by March’s flooding can still contact FEMA for help in a number of ways:
- Calling the Disaster Assistance Helpline at 800-621-3362 or 800-462-7585.
- Visiting www.disasterassistance.gov.
- Downloading the FEMA app and clicking on ‘disaster resources’, then ‘apply for assistance online’.
Those applying for disaster assistance will need the following information:
- Social Security Number
- Address of the damaged primary residence
- Description of the damage
- Information about insurance coverage
- A current contact telephone number
- An address where they can receive mail
- Bank account and routing numbers for direct deposit of funds
For more information on Nebraska’s disaster recovery, visit fema.gov/disaster/4420.