- 2 cans apple pie filling
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce (just like the one you put on ice cream)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sticks of butter melted or cut in small squares
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Prepare a 9 x 13 square pan with baking spray.
- Place the two cans of apple pie filling in the pan spreading out evenly.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the top of the pie filling.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over the top of the caramel sauce.
- Pour cake mix over the top of the mixture in the pan.
- Place melted butter or butter slices over the entire cake.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degrees 40 to 50 minutes or until the top is browned.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. May serve warm or room temperature.