- 1 or more racks of meaty ribs. This can be baby back, loin back or St. Louis ribs.
- Your favorite rib rub
- Brown Sugar
- BBQ Sauce (optional)
- Allow ribs to get to room temperature.
- Remove silver skin from the rib bone side of the rack.
- Slather ribs with mustard, as this works as a bonding agent for the rub.
- Sprinkle rub liberally on the ribs.
- Place in your smoker, grill, or oven at 225 or 160 degrees.
- Cook for 2-3 hours until you have reached the desired color.
- Remove from the cooker.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and a few pats of butter.
- Wrap in foil and return to your cooker or oven for another hour and a half to 2 hours.
- Remove the meat from the cooker when the meat reaches a temp of 205 degrees.
- Unwrap the ribs from the foil and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Add barbecue sauce if desired. Cut into 1 or 2 bone sections.