Meatloaf Onion Balls
- 2 lbs. hamburger
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 packet of onion soup
- 2 large onions
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar
- 2 shakes of liquid smoke
- Take onions and cut ends off. Then slice the onions in half and carefully peel the outer layer off and set together.
- Continue to peel each layer, keeping them together till you get to small pieces of onion.
- Mix the meatball ingredients together, and the ingredients for the BBQ sauce.
- Take meatloaf and stuff inside a set of onion layer.
- Fill it fully and put onion back together to form a ball.
- Wrap it in foil (you may want to spray foil pieces).
- Continue to stuff the meatloaf into the onion layers.
- Once done stuffing and wrapped in foil you can now grill them, turning them often.
- When completely cooked, open the packs up and top the onion balls with BBQ sauce.
- Continue to cook another 5 – 10 minutes.