- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp oil (canola, olive or vegetable)
- 1 8 oz. package of fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 gloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried herb (basil, oregano, thyme)
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional: shredded cheese (mozzarella, Parmesan or Swiss)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups for this recipe.
- Store remaining quinoa for use in another recipe.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, dried herb, ground black pepper, and salt.
- Cook for six minutes, until mushrooms and onions are tender, stirring often.
- Stir reserved 1 1/2 cups quinoa into skillet of cooked vegetables.
- Top with shredded cheese, if desired.