SPINK, South Dakota (KTIV) – A family-owned business in Siouxland is destroyed after a fire sparked in the building yesterday afternoon.
Around 4 p.m. on Sunday, crews were called to a fire in the township of Spink, South Dakota.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, they found the Spink Cafe engulfed in flames.
Authorities say the fire caused significant damage to the building.
A frequent customer of Spink Cafe says the loss of the business is a tragedy for the entire community.
“I really feel like it’s not just their problem, its a community problem. It’s a very important place for a lot of people,” Marcine Heerene, Frequent Customer.
Authorities say no one was inside at the time of the fire.
The fire remains under investigation.