Skip to Content

UPDATE: Omaha teen shooting believed to be accidental, according to prosecutors

Remaining Ad Time Ad - 00:00

UPDATE

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) -- Douglas County's top prosecutor says investigators believe the shooting of a 15-year-old Omaha boy was accidental.

A 14-year-old is suspected of shooting to death 15-year-old Sylas Lieb inside a northeast Omaha home on Wednesday night.

Officers called to the scene around 7:15 p.m. say Lieb had been shot in the chest.

Douglas County Attorney Don Kleineátells told television station KETV that Lieb, the 14-year-old suspect and an 18-year-old had been smoking marijuana most of the day before the shooting happened and that the shooting was accidental.

The 14-year-old was arrested and booked into the Douglas County Youth Center on suspicion of manslaughter.


PREVIOUS

OMAHA, Neb. (KTIV) -- A 14-year-old is suspected of shooting to death another teenager inside a northeast Omaha home.

Police say 15-year-old Sylas Lieb was found dead Wednesday night by officers called to the scene around 7:15 p.m. He'd been shot in the chest.

The 14-year-old was booked into the Douglas County Youth Center on suspicion of manslaughter. His name hasn't been released.

Omaha Central High School Principal Ed Bennett said in a note sent Thursday to the families of Central students that Lieb was a 10th grader at the downtown school.

Author Profile Photo

KTIV

Skip to content