- 1 can (8 oz.) white rice
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple
- 2 tbsp of butter
- juice of 1 lime
- zest of 1/2 lime
- chopped cilantro
- Add 1 cup rice to saucepan.
- Drain crushed pineapple into a 2 cup measuring cup.
- Fill remaining cup with water until you have 2 cups. Add to rice in saucepan.
- Add crushed pineapple and butter. Heat on medium-high until boiling.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Remove from heat. Stir well. Add lime juice, zest and mix well.
- Serve topped with chopped cilantro.
Pairs well with Chicken Teriyaki.