SOUTH SIOUX CITY, Neb. (KTIV) -- Health officials in Dakota County, Nebraska have confirmed three new COVID-19 cases, bringing the county's total to 1,579.
As of May 21 the Dakota County Health Department has confirmed 17 COVID-19 deaths in the county. No additional deaths were reported on Thursday.
The Dakota County Health Department is urging Nebraskans to follow the "Six Rules to Keep Nebraska Healthy."
- Stay home. No non-essential errands and no social gatherings. Respect the ten-person limits.
- Socially distance your work. Work from home or use the six-foot rule as much as possible in the workplace.
- Shop alone. Do this only once a week and do not take your family with you.
- Help kids social distance. Play at home, no group sports and no playgrounds.
- Help seniors stay at home. This can be done by shopping for them. Do not visit long-term facilities.
- Exercise daily. Do your best to stay as healthy and safe as you can.
For the latest COVID-19 information in Nebraska, click here.