(KTIV) -- Next up on this summer's Grillin' with News 4 is a sweet and simple recipe that's sure to have you asking for seconds.
Andrew Bundy of Dakota City, Nebraska has shared with us his recipe for "Armadillo Eggs."
- Small peppers, sweet or spicy
- Cheese and/or cream cheese
- Note from Andrew, "I prefer breakfast sausage."
- BBQ sauce
- Note from Andrew, "I prefer Cookies Original."
- Remove the stem from the peppers and scoop out their seeds, leaving the pepper intact.
- Stuff the peppers with the cheese and/or cream cheese of your choice, Colby jack cheese sticks can make this step easier.
- Wrap the stuffed pepper in an even layer of ground sausage, being careful to seal the pepper inside.
- Grill the stuffed and wrapped pepper until the sausage is just about done.
- Brush on a generous amount of BBQ sauce covering the entire pepper and finish cooking so the sauce caramelizes adding an extra pop of flavor.
- Rest for about 5 minutes and enjoy!
If you'd like to submit your own recipe for this year's Grillin' with News 4, click here.