Skip to Content

Need a translator to vote? Here’s what you can do in South Dakota

Remaining Ad Time Ad - 00:00

UNION COUNTY, S.D. (KTIV) - If English is your second language, and you need help voting, what can you do?

Union County Auditor Jackie Sieverding says you can bring a translator with you in South Dakota, to the voting booth, at your request, as long as there is no disturbance.

"With South Dakota you are only supposed to have one to a booth, but if someone asks for help that's their right to have someone else there to help them," said Jackie Sieverding.

Polling places in Union County will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Author Profile Photo

Xava Parra

Skip to content