BELLEVUE, Neb. (AP) — The Nebraska fast-food restaurant where two workers were killed and two others wounded during a November shooting plans to reopen this week.
The owner of the Sonic Drive-in restaurant in the Omaha suburb of Bellevue said Monday that the remodeled restaurant will reopen on Wednesday for the first time since the Nov. 21 shooting.
The restaurant’s owner, Bryant Morrison, said 80% of his workers plan to return when it reopens. Morrison also said he plans to create a memorial later at the Sonic later this year to honor the employees who were killed and wounded during the shooting.
Roberto Carlos Silva, of Omaha, was arrested in connection to the attack at the Nebraska fast-food restaurant. Silva was booked into jail early Sunday, Nov. 22, 2020, on suspicion of first-degree homicide and arson charges
The night of the incident, police say they first received a call about a possible bomb in a moving truck parked outside of the restaurant, and officers who arrived found a burning U-Haul and four people who had been shot. Two were declared dead at the scene.