SIOUX CITY (KTIV) - Health officials have been reporting the age group having the most positive cases recently are people ages 18-to-29.
To discuss the latest vaccinations as Iowans 16 and older are now eligible for the vaccine, KTIV brought in Dr. Larry Volz of MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center.
The questions we asked Dr. Volz included:
- The CDC is saying the recent spread of COVID-19 has been happening because of youth sports. Should parents start having their children wear masks when they play sports? Is that safe for an athlete to do?
- Vaccines are open for those 16 and older. Should parents get their teenage kids vaccinated?
- Since so many people are getting vaccinated, do I need to worry if I'm at a low risk?
KTIV's COVID-19 Resources
- Follow this link to check out available COVID-19 vaccine resources throughout Siouxland.
- You can find the latest COVID-19 stories from KTIV here.
- Check out the links below for the latest COVID-19 vaccine guidance from the CDC and state health departments.