Skip to Content

Fallen Omaha Marine Cpl. Daegan Page returns home

Remaining Ad Time Ad - 00:00
Daegan William-Tyeler

OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) - A grateful community showed its support for Cpl. Daegan Page and his family Friday afternoon.

The family extended its thanks following the motorcade that brought the fallen Omaha Marine to Braman Mortuary in preparation for funeral services next week.

KTIV App Users: Follow this link to watch the procession on

Omaha… you never looked better.

It was an amazing honor to bring Daegan home to the open arms of his hometown today.

We wish we could have stopped and thanked every person who took time out of their day to pay their respects to Daegan. We want you to know we saw all of you - police officers, firefighters, school children, veterans, service members, families, the brave souls camped out on every overpass, the construction workers along I-80 at 84th Street, the crowds all down Millard Avenue, the Patriot Guard riders, and all the thousands of people who waved flags, held signs, and even brought their dogs to salute Daegan. He would have been amazed.

Daegan’s homecoming was truly a hero’s welcome. Our hearts are still broken, but we are the lucky few who know what it is like to receive a hug from the city of Omaha.

Thank you.

Family of Cpl. Daegan Page

Airport authorities told 6 News that they had cleared the private plane carrying the remains of Cpl. Page, among the 13 troops killed Aug. 26 in a suicide bomber attack during the evacuation mission in Afghanistan late last month, for landing at about 1:10 p.m.

Cpl. Daegan Page was only 23 years old when he was killed at the gate of the airport in Kabul. And Friday, the solider returned home, with the aircraft carrying his remains landing at Eppley Airfield in Omaha.

After the fallen Marine’s remains were placed into the hearse, the procession of vehicles left the airport and Omaha Police escorted the motorcade procession from Abbott Drive and Locust Street to 10th Street, then to Cass Street before traveling on the interstate. The motorcade traveled along I-480 to I-80, exiting at L Street, then continued to 132nd Street, onto Millard Avenue, and then to 144th Street, ending at Braman Mortuary, located at 6505 S. 144th St.

The first sign of community support for the family came into view on the corner of Abbot Drive and Locust Street. Many of those supporters were veterans. Among them was one veteran who made sure he didn’t miss the chance to pay his respects.

The 21-year Navy veteran who didn’t want to give his name said that when he took his post at about 10 a.m. Friday, it was all about Cpl. Page and the fallen Marine’s family.

“I’m going to pay my respects and make sure I can be here to honor a young man that’s coming home to his family. They’re grieving, and they need all the support from the community that they can get.”

The family’s vehicles were escorted to the airport, arriving around 12:30 p.m. The motorcade left Eppley Airfield just before 2 p.m., arriving at Braman Mortuary just after 2:30 p.m.

Police encouraged to utilize interstate overpasses to view the procession, rather than stopping alongside the interstate.

Author Profile Photo


Skip to content